Heraldica - Forum för nordiska heraldiker
Heraldica - Forum för nordiska heraldiker
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Alla forum
 Allmänt forum för heraldik
 Länktips
 INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AMATEUR HERALDS
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Armigerius
Vapenkung

Sweden
547 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  19:57:00  Show Profile Send Armigerius a Private Message
Those of you who have a reasonably good grasp of English (that is nearly all of you) and perhaps want to broaden your heraldic horizons - or perhaps give the rest of the world a deeper insight into nordic heraldry, why not try the International Association of Amateur Heralds (IAAH).

We have members from many parts of the world, though not too many from Norden as yet. You will certainly receive a warm welcome - as well as perhaps taking a lot of the load off me in explaining the intricacies of Swedish royal heraldry!

http://amateurheralds.org/forum/index.php

http://www.amateurheralds.org

If you have trouble accessing the forum please e-mail our secretary:

secretary@amateurheralds.org

Chris Green
Vice President (elect)
International Association of Amateur Heralds

Laneryd
Vapenkung

901 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  21:02:44  Show Profile Send Laneryd a Private Message
I tried to register but the result was:” Sorry, registration is currently disabled.
Go to Top of Page

Armigerius
Vapenkung

Sweden
547 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  21:34:33  Show Profile Send Armigerius a Private Message
As I said: If you have trouble accessing the forum please e-mail our secretary:

secretary@amateurheralds.org

Chris Green
Vice President (elect)
International Association of Amateur Heralds
Go to Top of Page

jcb
Rikshärold

Sweden
1027 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  21:35:39  Show Profile  Visit jcb's Homepage Send jcb a Private Message
I've read the thread on Swedish royal heraldry and I think you are doing just fine explaining the alledged intricacies.

There was one question about the stars in the arms of Bernadotte that wasn't fully answered. Please forward the follwoing answer if you like to.

During the 1st French empire titles of noblilty was indicated by different charges. For example Sovereign Princes had "on a chief azure an imperial eagle or" and dukes had "on a chief gules, semé of stars argent". As one of three Sovereign Princes Bernadotte had a chief with an imperial eagle. As a king of Sweden he continued to use the chief with the eagle. However, he replaced the eagle with golden stars (azure, semé of stars or) for his son Oscar (I) and the sons of Oscar: Karl, Gustav, Oscar (II) and August. It was probably intended to signify their status as Swedish dukes - with inspiration from the French imperial heraldry. During king Oscar I the chief with stars and the chief with an eagle was combined in the coat of arms of the king - possibly due to misunderstanding and poor knowledge of the origin of the stars. Later the stars were arranged as the Constellation of Ursa Major.
Go to Top of Page

Armigerius
Vapenkung

Sweden
547 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  19:36:29  Show Profile Send Armigerius a Private Message
I should perhaps say that I am now the President of the International Association of Amateur Heralds. As such it is my great pleasure to invite those of you who would like to share your knowledge of heraldry outside the confines of Norden to join us.

"Us" includes such well-known names as Marcus Karlsson, Claus Berntsen and Torsten Laneryd.

http://www.amateurheralds.org/

Chris Green
President of the International Association of Amateur Heralds
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Heraldica - Forum för nordiska heraldiker © 2007 Svenska Heraldiska Föreningen Go To Top Of Page